Happy Thanksgiving, Thanksgiving Humor, & a secret little recipe.
Posted by Corey Kaster on November 25, 2010
Someone taught me this and it is simplest way to make the boring pumpkin pie a little better.
- normal pumpkin pie ingredients
- Jiffy yellow cake mix (the kind in those tiny little boxes)
- 1/2 stick butter
- slivered almonds, pecans, or nut of choice
- bake the pumpkin pie as normal
- remove the pie from the oven when done, sprinkle Jiffy yellow cake mix over the entire top of the pie until you can’t see the pumpkin any more
- melt 1/2 stick butter
- drizzle butter over the top of the pie to moisten the cake mix
- put back in oven and cook just a few minutes until golden brown
- remove and sprinkle slivered almond, pecans, or whatever other nuts you enjoy over the top